$25.00 deposit reserves your spot. Please bring the balance due and your receipt from PayPal to class.
Class Size: 5 student minimum/10 maximum
AR-15 type rifles have become some of the most popular firearms available to the shooting public. Its ability to be customized makes the AR-15 the ideal rifle for recreation, hunting, home-defense, or competition.This fundamentals class is for those that are new to the AR-15 system. The operation of controls, basic maintenance and cleaning, plus some other “must-have” knowledge will be presented.
- Operation and controls inherent to the AR-15
- Maintenance and cleaning
- Recognition, diagnosis, and clearing of malfunctions
- Sight adjustment and zeroing
- Basic marksmanship (trigger control, stance, breathing, etc.)
The shooting portion of the course will be done on a 100 yd. indoor range.
- Quality AR-15 rifle:
- Piston or Gas Impingement
- Chambered in 5.56mm/.223 (other calibers by instructor approval only)
- Fitted with quality sights (iron preferred but red-dots or scopes are OK)
- 50 rounds of ammunition (no steel core e.g. Wolf, Silver Bear, Tula, etc.)
- 2 Magazines (minimum
- 4 Dummy Rounds (minimum)
- Comfortable attire