Safety is everyone's responsibility
Basic Gun Safety Rules
- Treat all guns as if they were loaded.
- Always point firearm in a safe direction, treat all unloaded firearms as if there are loaded.
- Keep your finger off the trigger until ready to fire.
- Be sure of your target and what is beyond.
- Always wear eye and ear protection.
All Areas Rules
- Safety is everyone’s responsibility. After ensuring your safety, report any unsafe behavior.
- All firearms brought into the building must be unloaded unless it is a pistol in secure and safe holster. Rifles should always brought in unloaded and in a bag or case. This is so the trigger has no way of being activated.
- All firearms should be carried in a bag, case, or holster
- If you must bring in firearm uncased and unprotected, Unload ammuntition, lock action of firearm open with its magazine removed if it has one. A high visibility chamber block is highly recommended. This is to show there is No ammunition “bullets” in chamber. Revolvers can be simply carried with cylinder open. Always point firearm in the safest direction. No one likes a gun pointed at them regardless of condition.
- Never unholster firearm in retail area. If you need to unholster your firearm, ask range personnel for options.
- Never load your firearm in retail area.
- Always check any firearms to make sure it is unloaded. This includes firearms sold in range.
- Always keep fingers off of the trigger. This includes firearms sold in store.
- Always be aware of where your gun is pointing. Keep gun pointed in the safest direction and not at any individual.
- Never dry fire the trigger without asking permission. If you are given permission, double check firearm is unloaded before touching trigger.
- We all have off days, just remember to be patient and kind to yourself, others, and our staff. We want to be a happy place. On those off days, please come another day. Any display of anger or any negative emotions is unacceptable. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
Shooting Range Rules
All non members are required to sign liability waivers prior to entering the range.
Rules Shared by both Pistol and Rifle Ranges
- Safety is everyone’s responsibility, after ensuring your safety, report any unsafe behavior.
- Put your eye and ear protection on before entering the range.
- Minimum shooter age is 8 when accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Food, drink and tobacco products are not allowed on the range.
- Standard commercial and reloaded ammunition is permitted. Any type of ammunition designed for penetrating metal is not permitted.
- NO TRACER, INCENDIARY, GAS, EXPLOSIVE AMMUNITiON IN ANY RANGE. If in doubt, we will check it for you.
- NO SHOOTING AT TARGET CARRIERS OR CARRIER TRACK OR ANY RANGE EQUIPTMENT. Please look beyond your target to assure that you are shooting at the backstop. If you need assistance, please ask.
- If you shoot prohibited ammunition and damage range and/or equipment you will be charged for the resulting damage.
- Only have one loaded gun at a time. Don’t load or handle your gun behind the firing line.
- The muzzle of your gun must be pointed down range at all times.
- Shoot only at approved targets. Before shooting ask if your target is allowed or prohibited.
- No cross lane shooting.
- No one is allowed ahead of the firing line.
- If a malfunction occurs, place your gun on the counter pointed down range and ask range personnel for assistance.
- If you leave the firing line temporarily, place your gun on the counter with muzzle pointed down range.
- if you are asked to cease firing, place your gun on the counter and step back from the firing line.
- When you are finished and ready to leave, unload firearms completely with the action open.
- Please clean up your area after completing your use of the range.
- Any person firing at lights, baffles, carriers or other range property or equipment will have their memberships suspended or revoked..
- Any violations of rules, and that individual or group may be asked to immediately leave the range.
Extra Pistol Range Rules
- Only line of sight firing is allowed. Drawing from hip or holster is not allowed.
- Center fire rifle ammunition is Not permitted on the pistol range.
- Most handguns calibers are permitted on the pistol. Prohibited are those that are exceeding 44 mag or chambered for centerfire rifle ammunition. The largest caliber permitted is 44 mag.
- Pistol Caliber Carbines chambered at or below 44 mag are allowed in pistol range.
BE SAFE – SHOOT SAFE
Extra Rifle Range Rules
- NO STEEL JACKETED, PINNED OR ARMOR PIERCING AMMUNITION IN RIFLE RANGE. If your ammo sticks to a magnet you may not use it. If in doubt, we will check it for you.
- Only one rifle will be uncased and in use per lane.
- Muzzle of rifle must be through the window opening while loading, unloading, firing of rifle.
- NO LOADED RIFLES OFF THE SHOOTING BENCH.
- Rate of fire is limited to 1 round per 5 seconds. You will be removed from the range for excessive rates of fire.
- No black powder rifles.
- No shotguns.
- No handguns, unless the handgun has a magnified scope and you ask and receive prior approval from staff
- No rifles larger than 375 H&H.
- Calibers NOT allowed on Rifle Range include – 338 Lapua Magnum, 50 BMG, 416 Rigby, 378 Weatherby, 30-378 Weatherby.
- Please ask staff if your rifle’s ammunition is approved.
- When finished with your lane, please remove all of your items from the shooting bench.
BE SAFE – SHOOT SAFE
Safety is Everyone's Responsibility
Report any range violations or unsafe behavior. Violations of any of these rules will be grounds for cancellation of membership and eviction from the range. These rules are established for your safety and the safety of our customers and employees.
If you have any questions please feel free to ask any of our personnel. We will be very happy to assist you in making your experience at Bullseye enjoyable.